William e Nunes English
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

FIRST STORY: British x American English - 8ª

2 participantes

Ir para baixo

FIRST STORY: British x American English - 8ª Empty FIRST STORY: British x American English - 8ª

Mensagem  WILL-BFR Dom Ago 15, 2010 3:45 pm

In this year, we learned about the differences between British English and American English. It was a easy subject, but about 2 years ago it was a BIG discussion.
Our english teacher, called Adriana, asked us to do a homework about many topics.
My group needed to search about "Question Tag". No problem!
But...
... The Letícia's group needed to search about "Present Continuos (ing)". They asked us to do a task. The task was simple... We needed to pass the verbs from "Simple Present" to "Present Continuous". The verb was: "To Travel". Two alternatives: "TraveLLing" and "TraveLing".
My group answered: "TraveLing"... and they said to us "It's wrong! The correct form to write the verb "to travel" is "traveLLing"". But we didn't accept, because we were right that "traveLing" has only one "L".
After of a big argue, our beautiful teacher said us "It's British English, both form are correct". But, even her explanation, the girls didn't accept our "TraveLing".
The second part of girls' homework, they asked to the students to listen a music and write in a paper the missing words. We did NOT do this exercise, and we wrote at the verse of the paper "WE ONLY KNOW AMERICAN ENGLISH"...
I think that both groups got too upset with this fact, but when we remember this fact, we laugh a lot, because we are all friends.
WILL-BFR
WILL-BFR
Aluno Iniciante
Aluno Iniciante

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

FIRST STORY: British x American English - 8ª Empty Re: FIRST STORY: British x American English - 8ª

Mensagem  Claudinha Seg Ago 23, 2010 9:22 am

Wow! Cool! Razz

Claudinha
Usuário
Usuário

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Ir para o topo